Foster Parent Central
Foster Parent Central
Here's a page dedicated just to our Foster Parents where they can find great tools and resources in our community!
If you have any questions, feel free to call Deb Disler at 616.451.2021 or to email her, click here.
Community & Family Events
• Take Charge of your Journey: Teen Conference - for more information, click here.
• Kent County 4-H Youth Development is seeking adult volunteers & new youth members to “Join the Revolution of Responsibility!”
4-H fosters children’s development in leadership, citizenship and life skills with more than 1,000 projects with topics as varied as rocketry, GPS mapping, public speaking, computer game design, nutrition, raising livestock and companion animals, photography and community service. For more information on becoming involved in the community as a 4-H Leader or 4-H member, visit www.msue.msu.edu/Kent <http://www.msue.msu.edu/Kent> to view the 4-H Youth Development page or call Kristi at (616) 336-3287.
Click here for the link for more information about Michigan 4-H Youth Development.
• It’s time for your Annual Review or your foster home license! Please review and complete the paperwork included in the packet before you visit with your licensor. Failure to do so may result in a delay in renewing your license and effect your foster care payments.
• Driving Documents Needed! Foster parents are now required to provide a copy of their driving record, car insurance, and driver’s license (if expired since last evaluation) each year.
• Quarterly Newsletter! With the launch of the foster parent webpage, we have decided to publish the newsletter 4 times (quarterly) each year in the spring, summer, fall, and winter.
Locally offered sessions
• Community Training Opportunity at the Wedgewood Institute. Click here for a flyer with more information.
• Hair & Skin Care Clinic: for more information or to view the flyer, click here.
• “Hand in hand, across Michigan” – Spring Training Conference sponsored by the Michigan Association of Foster, Adoptive and Kinship Parents (MAFAK); April 27-29 at the Causeway Bay Hotel and Conference Center in Lansing. For more information, click here.
• Foster and Adoptive Parent Orientation - February 11, March 11, April 8, May 13, June 10, July 8, August 12, September 9, October 14, November 11, and December 9.
• PRIDE Training - For the 2013 schedule, click here.
• The National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children - click here for more information.
• Learning Center for Child and Adolescent Training - For more information, click here.
• Document Training - For more information, click here.
Forms *click on the name of the form highlighted in purple to view the form.
• Critical Incident Report - Board Approved Policy
• Medication Administration Guidelines
• First Aid/CPR/Medication Guidelines Acknowledgement
Suggested Readings from Foster Parents
The Connected Child by Karyn Previs
Foster Care/Licensing Staff Update
No recent news
*To email a staff member, click on their name highlighted in purple.
Foster Care and Parent Therapist (PT) Staff
Licensing Department Staff