Foster Parent Central
Here's a page dedicated just to our Foster Parents where they can find great tools and resources in our community!
If you have any questions, feel free to call Deb Disler at 616.451.2021 or to email her, click here.
Community & Family Events
• It’s time for your Annual Review or your foster home license! Please review and complete the paperwork included in the packet before you visit with your licensor. Failure to do so may result in a delay in renewing your license and effect your foster care payments.
• Driving Documents Needed! Foster parents are now required to provide a copy of their driving record, car insurance, and driver’s license (if expired since last evaluation) each year.
• Quarterly Newsletter! With the launch of the foster parent webpage, we have decided to publish the newsletter 4 times (quarterly) each year in the spring, summer, fall, and winter.
Locally offered sessions
• “Hand in hand, across Michigan” – Spring Training Conference sponsored by the Michigan Association of Foster, Adoptive and Kinship Parents (MAFAK). For more information, click here.
• Foster Care and Special Needs Adoption Program Orientation - for the 2015 schedule, click here.
• PRIDE Training - For the 2015 schedule, click here.
• TIP Training - For the 2015 schedule, click here.
• The National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children - click here for more information.
• Learning Center for Child and Adolescent Training - For more information, click here.
Forms *click on the name of the form highlighted in purple to view the form.
• Critical Incident Report - Board Approved Policy
• Medication Administration Guidelines
• First Aid/CPR/Medication Guidelines Acknowledgement
The Connected Child by Karyn Previs
Foster Care/Licensing Staff Update
No recent news
2014 Summer Newsletter
*To email a staff member, click on their name highlighted in purple.
Foster Care and Parent Therapist (PT) Staff
Licensing Department Staff